On 7 July 2022, SWE SBA reported banks purchase Tambur digital portal.
- SWE SBA reported a consortium of banks is to buy Tambur from current owner UC AB.
- Tambur is a digital portal that simplifies, streamlines the process of home purchases, gathering information needed for brokers and banks to carry out quicker transactions.
- The banks want to be able to further develop Tambur based on their specific needs, without being dependent on another party having the resources and capacity.
- Banks that form the consortium are Swedbank, SEB, SBAB Nordea, Länsförsäkringar Bank, Handelsbanken and Danske Bank, but Tambur is open to all banks that join.
- SWE SBA acting as coordinator for the banks, managing contacts with UC, responsible for finding premises for the new company, hiring staff, CEOs, developers, specialists.
- Planning and preparations currently underway for the transfer of the IT platform and practicalities around setting up the framework to operate and develop Tambur.
- Review by EU EMSN currently underway; banks' takeover scheduled for 1 April 2023.