On 20 March 2023, SK FSC proposed amendment on capital market act.
- SK FSC proposed amendment on Enforcement decree of the financial investment services and capital markets act, to abolish foreign investment registration system.
- Also to expand limit for small public offerings and to enhance international consistency.
- Limit for small public offerings that are exempt from filing securities reports and for companies listed on KRX will be increased from the current KRW 1bn to KRW 3bn.
- The foreign investment registration system, which requires foreigners to register their personal information in advance in order to trade in listed securities, will be abolished.
- The consultation is open until 26 April 2023.