On 9 September 2021, NPL CB published report on FDI in Nepal during 2019/20.
- NPL CB issued 5th report on foreign direct investment (FDI) survey in Nepal 2019/20.
- Follows NPL CB June 2021, updated on accounting of foreign investment.
- Aimed at policymakers/stakeholders for monitoring FDI inflows, trends, and stock.
- Survey presents latest FDI stock data based on firms that received FDI in Nepal.
- Estimates FDI stock at book value and country/sector-wise distribution of FDI stock.
- Covers face value of foreign liabilities of Nepalese companies arising on account of FDI.
- These statistics are used in balance of payments and international investment position.
- Global FDI flows declined by 35% in 2020 due to Covid; challenging for developing countries where FDI seen as external finance, sustainable growth and recovery source.
- Outlines Nepal's reforming policies and procedures to promote and facilitate FDI.