On 26 September 2019, IND SEBI updated position limits for derivatives.
- Previously prescribed framework for trading of cash settled interest rate derivatives.
- Following consultations with stock exchanges, SEBI will review extant position limits.
- Banks and primary dealers have same position limits as trading members.
- Category I and II FPIs shall have same position limits as apply to trading members.
- Non-institutions belonging to Category II FPI shall have same position limits as clients.
- Revised limits for interest rate derivatives in the 8-11 years residual maturity bucket.
- The position limits are effective immediately.