On 5 August 2022, IND SEBI issued advisory committee terms of reference.
- IND SEBI created a standing committee for facilitation of FPI investments to provide recommendations, advise on policy matters relating to foreign portfolio investors (FPI).
- Lists names and positions of committee members, as well as the terms of reference.
Terms of Reference
- To advise on issues related to investments and operations of FPIs in Indian financial markets, including measures to facilitate ease of doing business by FPIs in India.
- Advise SEBI on measures required to encourage FPI participation in the bond market.
- Advise on measures required in legal framework for simplification of FPI regulations.
- To advise SEBI on measures required in the legal framework to enhance transparency.
- Review investment avenues available for FPIs, advise on feasibility of new investment avenues; advise on custodian matters re FPIs; any other issues pertaining to FPIs.