On 15 April, 2020, IND RBI updated on the revision of investment limits for 2020-21.
- Limits for FPI investment in government securities and SDLs shall remain unchanged at 6% and 2%, respectively, of outstanding stocks of securities for FY 2020-21.
- All investments by eligible investors in the specified securities will be under the fully accessible route (FAR) from the date on which the FAR comes into effect.
- The allocation of incremental changes in the g-sec limit (in absolute terms) over the two sub-categories – ‘general’ and ‘long-term’ – is retained at 50:50 for FY 2020-21.
- The entire increase in limits for SDLs (in absolute terms) has been added.
- Accordingly, the revised limits, including the limits for corporate bonds is announced.