On 1 August 2021, FR GVT published seven orders dated 28 July 2021 amending existing legislation to allow further transposition of EU investment firms directive.
- The first order amends a previous order of 3 November 2014 and specifies the rules making it possible to define supervisory authority on consolidated basis of a company group.
- The second order amends a previous order of 3 September 2017 extends the scope of the customer funds holdings requirements to relevant credit and investment institutions.
- The third order amends regulation 86-21 of 24 November 1986 and changes in the scope of provisions relating to all non-banking activities, to exclude credit and investment firms.
- The fourth order amends regulation 98-05 of 7 December 1998 covering credit operations of investment firms and extends scope regulation to credit and investment institutions.
- The fifth order repeals existing legislation on provisions of the applicable management standards, capital requirements and control of major risks, as well as own funds rules.
- The sixth order amends previous order of 3 November 2014 relating to internal control of companies in banking, payment services and investment services and risk monitoring.
- The seventh order amends previous order of 3 November 2004 relating to the supervision and risk assessment of banking service providers and investment firms, applying to such businesses that do not fall under a heading of portfolio management companies.
- All of these orders came into effect on the day of publication and operate collectively.