On 21 September 2020, FINFSA said short selling reporting limit still 0.1%.
- FINFSA requires notification from a natural or legal person holding a net short position.
- Where short in a share trading on a regulated market, notify competent authority of details of position if it reaches, exceeds or falls below 0.1% of the issued share capital.
- Follows ESMA March 2020 issued decision on net short position holders.
- Also follows ESMA renewed decision on holders of net short positions.
- On 16 March 2020, ESMA temporarily lowered the reporting threshold for net short positions from 0.2% to 0.1%, and extended this for three months from 18 September 2020.
- The decision has no effect on the disclosure limit for net short positions (0.5%).