On 17 February 2023, EC announced evaluation and review of FDI regulation.
- EC announced evaluation, review of reg on screening of foreign direct investments.
- Follows EC September 2022 issued FDI screening and export control reports.
- EU framework for screening of foreign direct investments (FDI) Regulation 2019/452.
- The regulation aims to improve EU’s capacity to identify and address potential risks for security or public order deriving from certain transactions.
- To ensure it remains fit for purpose in a changing global security context, EC launched evaluation on revision while remaining exclusively focused on security and public order.
- The draft regulation is currently under preparation, EC is assessing feedback received.
- Adoption of the future regulation is envisaged for Q4 of 2023.