- China – SAFE Increases Foreign Investment
On 14 January 2019, CSAFE increased total foreign institutional investor.
- In order to meet the needs of foreign investors to expand investment in market.
- Qualified foreign institutional investors increased from US$150bn to US$300bn.
- The QFII system is the earliest and most important institutional arrangement for China's capital market to open to the outside world, for foreign investors.
- From 2016 to 2018, the State Administration of Foreign Exchange carried out major reforms on the foreign exchange management of the QFII system.
- Including improving prudent management, eliminating the remittance ratio restrictions, canceling lock-up period, allowing QFII-held securities assets forex.
- The value of the period has greatly facilitated the overseas investors to invest.