On 9 January 2020, CHI NDRC answered reporters' questions on foreign investment law.
- Answered why implementation regulations have to be concurrently implemented with law; rationale and consultation process behind formulating implementation regulations.
- Spoke about areas in which implementation regulations help to promote, and details of investment protection regulations that are of great concern to foreign investors.
- Answered questions on approval and recording of establishment of foreign enterprises.
- Spoke about how implementation regulations help smooth transition of existing foreign enterprises, and how they apply to Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan investment laws.
- If any previous laws inconsistent with foreign investment law, the latter shall prevail.