On 18 September 2020, AST GVT issued two exposure drafts for stakeholder feedback.
- Foreign investment reform (protecting Australia’s national security) regulations 2020 and foreign acquisitions and takeovers fees imposition regulations 2020.
- The exposure draft on regulations includes remainder of regulations, namely on time limit of call in power, streamlining measures, integrity and technical amendments.
- The draft also provides for the reinstatement of the monetary thresholds which have been reduced to nil following the temporary measures in response to Covid-19.
- Amendments to fees imposition regulations outline fees for giving notice of a notifiable action or national security action, for actions that are neither notifiable nor significant.
- For notices of national security reviews, circumstances relating to certain significant actions and actions contrary to national security, variations and exemption certificates.
- Open for comment to 2 October 2020, online public information session on 29 September 2020.