On 23 May 2019, CBOE Futures CFE issued position limits exemptions.
- To amend CFE Rules 412 and 412A to permit TPHs to disaggregate positions, for
CFE position limits/CFE position accountability level under certain circumstances.
- Member TPHs is required to submit a request to Exchange and receive approval.
Position Limits Aggregation
- Per exchange rules all positions in accounts where over 10% ownership must be
aggregated with positions held and trading done unless exemption applies to TPH.
- Unless CFTC Regulation 150.4(b) applicable to position, exchange has authorized.
- If under common control, all positions must be aggregated, express or implied.
- If filing for exemption under CFE Rules 412(e)(iii) and/or 412A(f)(iii) or another
under CFTC rules, must file in form, manner determined by exchange each time.
- Must identify which, what facts warrant disaggregation, senior officer attestation
that conditions met, any other information file by email, also if material change.
- Will become effective May 24, 2019, or thereafter, as described in current notice.