- Consultation announced regarding a draft law on alternative investment funds.
Overview of Proposals
- Closer alignment with EU law, to make it more attractive to foreign investors.
- Closed, private investment funds separated from current ones as per AIFMD.
- The law will apply to semi-professional investors e.g. an investor who invests
50,000 euros and is estimated to have sufficient knowledge and experience.
- Provisions for small investors, public offerings, cross-border activity regarding
management of alternative investment funds will not yet be coming info force.
- Regulates various funds, prescribes types of property in which AIF may invest.
- Comment on consultation will run until Apr. 17, 2019.