On 16 April, BML introduced intraday short selling for investors.
- Implemented Intraday Short Selling (IDSS) for all investors to boost market liquidity.
- Exchange has implemented a clear framework, to facilitate IDSS trades for investors.
- Under framework, investors will be able to sell securities first, and buy the securities
later within trading day itself. IDSS can be done on selected list of eligible securities.
- List of approved securities, currently with 280 securities, be reviewed every 6 months.
- Exchange will continue to undertake initiatives to give more efficient and facilitative
market framework and the introduction of IDSS is set to further advance the efforts.
- Robust compliance requirement and safeguards, have also been put in place to allow
for IDSS trades, including controls for IDSS suspensions if stock price falls over 15%.
- Framework also specifies compliance obligation requirements for investors before IDSS.
- To allow investors to carry out IDSS, Exchange has amended Rules of Bursa Securities,
Directives and Participating Organisations’ Trading Manual, approved by Commission.