- Update includes changes to the Substantial Shareholding threshold and time to report.
- Changes to Sensitive Sectors which include new restrictions on foreign ownership in airlines.
On 27 June, CFTC fined company $225k on cotton trading reports.
- Ordered Hong Kong-Based Huafu HK to Pay $225,000 for reporting violations.
- Followed CFTC May 2013 guidance on reporting requirements over call cotton.
- Company did not report call cotton purchases and sales, when it held futures.
- Did not adopt internal controls reasonably designed to help ensure compliance.
- On 78 occasions, held or controlled 100 cotton futures positions but did not file.
- Huafu to provide employees with training to ensure future compliance on filings.