On 10 November, FCA issued rules in handbook notice 49 on MiFID, CRD IV.
- Follows December 2015, FCA new rules on secondary trading per MiFID II.
- And July 2015, FCA new second rule-set on implementation of MiFID II.
- Handbook notice makes rule changes to MiFID II Guide and IFPRU 2.2. for CRD IV.
MiFID II Guide
- MiFID II Guide Instrument 2017 (FCA 2017/63) adds new definition to Handbook.
- The guide is to sit on FCA Handbook website but will not form part of handbook.
- Instrument comes into force 3 January 2018, in line with remaining MiFID provisions.
- Instrument makes changes to Handbook to ensure implementation of Art 83 CRD.
- It comes into force on 10 November. Feedback to consultation is in Chap 3 of the notice.