- Considers May 28, 2018 version on suitability where relevant to appropriateness.
- New supervisory briefing includes: determining situations where appropriateness
assessment required; obtaining information from clients; and warnings to clients.
- Assessment of appropriateness; qualifications of firm’s staff; and record-keeping.
- The supervisory briefing is aimed at competent authorities as defined in MiFID II.
- Aims to indicate compliant implementation of MiFID II appropriateness provisions.
- And to promote common supervisory approaches and practices in their application.