On 22 February 2018, EP ECON issued scrutiny paper on evaluation of short selling.
- Covered ESMA advice of 21 December 2017, evaluation of Short Selling Regulation.
- Briefing provides overview of three building blocks of the final technical advice.
- Market making activities exemption, the short term restriction on short selling
in case of a significant decline in prices under Article 23 SSR (short-term bans).
- Transparency of net short positions (NSP) and related reporting, and disclosure.
- ESMA executive director Verena Ross spoke at meeting to describe the 3 areas.