- CSRC drafted Guidelines on Mutual Funds Side Pocket Mechanism, seeking opinions.
- Side pocket is an account used to differentiate illiquid from more liquid investments.
- Refine measures for liquidity risk management in liquidity risk regulations to enrich fund managers' management tools in promoting the health of the public fund industry.
- Provide institutional guarantee for public fund to explore product innovation, better serve the real economy, better meet the public investment needs, protect investors.
- Guidelines consist of 17 articles, stipulating conditions for mechanism, investment arrangements, voting rights, information disclosure, responsibilities of involved parties.
- Open to public for opinions, which are to be sent to AMAC via email by 1 September 2019.